Thursday, July 6, 2017

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

“I am just a brown woman who speaks my mind”




What a LOADED statement!
Without knowing anything else at all about the context I know we are in for some bullshit rhetoric diarrhoea.



1.       Let’s play the racist card right off the bat
2.      Let’s play the feminist card next to stack the deck and
3.      My favourite let’s use the infamous Freudian defence mechanism.

“I am just speaking my mind”
“I just say it as it is”

is mostly uttered by arrogant rude and obnoxious assholes.

For one thing anyone who had watched one of my favourite episode of Star Trek just KNOWS that ONE does NOT speak his or her MIND. Period. *

A mind is not meant to be spoken it is meant to be filtered and edited and analysed and concerned about the impact of one’s words on others.

The bishop in Alexandria was just “speaking” his mind on Hypatia, even using the good word to his nefarious end in the fictitious Agora.

It is so obvious in the very faces of people with such statements.

The hardness, the defensiveness, the arrogance and the literal ugliness of it all.

One who says such thing is usually single or lives with a partner with a banana for backbone or maybe an absolute Zen Saint. 
I mean Socrates’ wife was famous for speaking her mind too apparently, 
so are chimeras probably.

The world/ the Internet is full of such behaviour obviously being brought more and more into light by anonymity and by the abundance of words and wasted ones and zeros out there where at roughly 3 PM there are


3,673,769,286Internet users in the world today
145,922,242,150Emails sent today
3,089,789Blog posts written today
413,585,119Tweets sent today
3,300,253,256Google searches today



The stat said BTW that as of 2006, 200 million blogs were left without updates.
Considering blogs die faster than Europeans in the Great Plague it is a bit of a vain and hopeless task I admit.


So here it goes for today my 700 words on 10 little words juxtaposed.

“I am just a brown woman who speaks my mind”

Funny part is it was a short appearance on Facebook I can’t seem to retrieve now since my Facebook got very whimsical and capricious lately on what it will show me and in what order.  
I lost my ordering button on the left probably because I have too many blocks and restraints on Facebook to begin with LOL

Et Voila!






*Star Trek The Next Generation S07E08 28 February 1996 “Attached”
Beverly says the telepathic implants are connected directly to the brainstem, but Lorin says they're connected to the cerebral cortex. Given the localization of function in the human brain, an implant in the cerebral cortex would be more intuitive. The superficial location of the implants would suggest connection to the brainstem, which is a prime spot for inducing nausea. This ambiguity in neuroanatomy technobabble continues a Star Trek tradition of referring to the brain as the cerebral cortex even though it's just one (albeit large) area of the brain.»



Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I am not being unreasonable! 
Doctor Beverly Crusher: I didn't say that you were. I may have thought it, but there's a difference. 
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I am not being unreasonable! 
Doctor Beverly Crusher: I didn't say that you were. I may have thought it, but there's a difference. 
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Now that we know how... each of us feels, perhaps we should not be afraid to explore those feelings.
[Beverly kisses him on the cheek]
Doctor Beverly Crusher: Or perhaps we should be afraid.
Doctor Beverly Crusher: That is not funny!
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I wanted to see if you were still listening.
Doctor Beverly Crusher: I'm... I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I'm beginning to realize that you always seem to have some... acerbic remark on the tip of your tongue.
Doctor Beverly Crusher: Well, at least I've trained myself not to *say* it anymore.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Isn't it astonishing though how much clutter there is in the consciousness?

No comments:

Post a Comment