Thursday, February 28, 2019

Nothing new under the sun

Metaphors

Listening to the old KC and the Sunshine Band : Cherish.

When he said if you
receive your calling
before I awake it reminded me of that list I had made long ago on all the countless metaphors for death and I don't think this one was in:

Receive your calling!

From whom exactly?

The Lord?
Angels?
the Grim Reaper?
or Other fictitious character?
is Charon involved?

Kick the Bucket, Bite the Dust, going Home and what not there are too many to mention but anything but the word DIE except in a movie maybe.

I mean metaphors can be cute and flowery and all
and paint a better palette of words
but sometimes they are just one more Freudian defence mechanism
 to bury our head as far away from reality as possible.

I kind of like Cark It myself!

Wiki has a list here.

I do prefer crossing the Styx
to crossing the Jordan actually
shying away from judeo-christian mythology
and going back to the more flowery and dramatic Greek mythology.

Give up the ghost as I have said many time is litterally

to Abandon AIR.

Dirt Nap is not a bad one.

I love naps! :😜


For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living. Job 30:23
Car, je le sais, tu me mènes à la mort, Au rendez-vous de tous les vivants.

I like this word RENDEZ-VOUS:

The Ultimate Appointment.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Les vivants, en effet, savent qu'ils mourront; mais les morts ne savent rien, et il n'y a pour eux plus de salaire, puisque leur mémoire est oubliée.



My digital memory might stick around a few more years than me!





No comments:

Post a Comment