Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Daphne RAPED Simon

 


I watched many bloggers and youtubers and watch how they struggle to stay current and all that, like this Dr Grande trying really hard to stay current and stick his nose in everything and desperately seeking relevance and clicks.

So as a rule I try errr no I don't even try I DO stay away from all the ephemerous glory of a post.

I see a lot of chess players commenting on The Queen's Gambit because that is a guaranteed click these days (but for how long)

And YET HERE I AM lol doing the very same thing now as I was forming my own opinion on the latest popular NETFLIX's Bridgerton.

My "conclusion" and it may seem absurd to many is that

DAPHNE RAPED SIMON!!!

The boundaries and parameters were clearly well established by him and accepted.

It is not HIS fault that she was ignorant about the simple facts of life and the birds and the bees.

So No means No
and CONSENT was certainly not given.

In fact reverse the roles and everyone would cry rape.

The whole story is a bit cliche by now :
Jane Austen, Vanity Fair, Fairy Tales,
 and what not about the rich and their schemes and utter HYPOCRISY.

Anyway there it is for what it is worth.
Daphne was a spoiled brat.
Simon was noble.
Eloise was absolutely SUPERB
and way ahead of her time.

The queen was boring and petty
and Penelope well annoying and whiny as expected
and as for her being the SPOILERS ALERT mysterious one
well it is just another gigantic plot hole in the story.

Might rewatch the Queen's Gambit one day
but Bridgerton is on my list of show to quickly forget.

Voila I had more to say but this will suffice.

OK OK while I am here I thought the casting of Daphne must have been a huge act of nepotism if not a Weinstein promotion move. 
The character description is hugely inconsistent, the pouting the hysteria which made the last lines which were good lines seem to be just read with too much demand on the suspense of disbelief

At least it was not another rehash of WW 2 but yeah Jane Austen has been done to death let's move on



No comments:

Post a Comment