Saturday, January 9, 2021

first little story of the year


there are many words in many languages that do not translate into one word in an another language

jig: appareil de montage
and I forget most of the others 

the word I am thinking of now is FRILEUX translated as sensitive to cold

well as a rule I am quite FRILEUX cranking up the heat in winter and always freezing.

Taking hot showers and what not but not this time.

With 40 degrees plus outside I realise I don't even have to turn the hot water on in the shower.

Only cold is good enough and not even too cold for this sensitive soul here LOL

It reminds me of when I stopped a Kuala Lumpur on my way here paid hotel by the airline 

Got there late only had a few hours to refresh and they turned the hot water on as I walked in

but I realised I didn't need it at all as the cold water was almost boiling...

got there at like 3AM. hopped on the shuttle  with entrance door on the left for the first time in my life

realised I had forgotten to take off my boots on a 30+ hours flight 

never slept that night as I was too nervous to miss my flight

anyway enough on funny things lost in translation


No comments:

Post a Comment