Monday, June 14, 2021

"REALITY"



AN UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY
AN UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY
AN UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY

I will have to paraphrase Pontius Pilate here:

WHAT IS REALITY?

Why do I sense a little bit of conceit and self-righteousness in this expression?

Reality!

Truth!

Wisdom!

Call it what you will but it is all a very SUBJECTIVE concept 

if it exists at all.

Buddha's "reality" and Jesus's "Truth" are 2 different things
and everyone's understanding of either is altogether a different and unique thing
for each individual: 

billions and billions or "realities" and "truths"

People boasting of truth and wisdom and an understanding of reality should probably be avoided like the pest.

You shall know the truth and HERE COMES TROUBLE.

Unfortunately my fav monk does not allow commentary on his YouTube channel lol.

Mind you I do admire the "young" man.  

Exactly my son's age, born in Canada in  May 79 and with a history one could qualify as different I guess and certainly COMMITTED for sure:  

A determination rare in these days.

But STILL I cringe at concepts like Karma and Reincarnation and accepting those ancient myths a "REALITY". 

I am also in my iconoclast habit inclined to doubt and question everything and especially when big names try to promote it.

I have said previously that it annoys me to no end that some many so-called sceptics, rationalists, and atheists seem so inclined to separate Buddhism from all the other thousands of myths out there.

How many times must I say it?

A MYTH IS A MYTH IS A MYTH.

Sure I don't mind trying a bit of meditation for peace of mind
but I will not take the robe, beg for my food
and least of all having people BOW DOWN to me. 

That is outrageous in my book.

And we haven't talked about sex, drugs and rock and roll and coffee YET. :P

Anyway my knee jerk reaction again to my fav monk on the block so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment