Sunday, December 11, 2022

The very best thing since sliced bread



 One thing I thoroughly enjoy everyday is the "privilege" to carry a juke box in my pocket.
I used to live for jukeboxes and put so many quarters in them.
(rarely a dime as I thought that 3 songs for 25 cents was such a better deal than one song for 10 cents LOL)

I mean the social media can take you down some time and all the internet in the world can be boring but

Music CAN really save your mortal soul!!! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Most people I guess enjoy Spotify or Apple Music but so far in my 67 years I haven't felt the need to subscribe to any of these not even to YouTube Music.

Not sure what it is but there is something in my always-been-poor mind (now pensioner's mind) that refuses to pay a monthly fee except for the very basics: Rent. Internet, Utilities etc.

This is one of the reasons I guess also that I have never played WoW (World of Warcraft) or any other games that requires monthly payments.

But basically I don't NEED Spotify or YouTube Music.

I am perfectly satisfied with my current music selection and I  can listen to You Tube AD-FREE all day at home on my Wi-Fi.

My mobile phone service has always been $60 a year and that is basically just to keep my number with minimal internet activity as one YouTube video at my current rate would prolly swallow my whole $60 @ like $0.05 a MB.

Day and Night time I use the PC and manage to get YouTube ad-free on Chrome and on the Phone I somehow have to use Firefox for the same results.

The last 4 days walking with my big headphone set on (unusual but I seem to have probs with earphones these days my ears are getting too big LOL) 

I marvelled and wondered at the MAGIC!!!

To have perfect carriable sound everywhere we go.

I remind myself that for the same privilege back in the old days ( my adolescence) I would have had to carry a heavy portable battery operated record player and several crates of milk filled with Vinyl and yet I still wouldn't have had the same FLEXIBILITY.

Now I can pause and start at the tip of one finger on my headphones, raise the volume up or down at the slide of one finger, skip or repeat a song at the slide of one finger.

MAGIC!!! LOL! :P 

Surrounded by beautiful sound and MOREOVER isolated and protected from all annoying crowd noises.

What an Age to Live in! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Part of the magic also is what YouTube is gonna throw at you next in this very high AI personalised algorithm. 
Very rarely do I need a skip on this one.

At the PC I also like that I have this big wide wheel to control the volume on my keyboard a feature I appreciate more than all the RGB and other gadgets of this Corsair keyboard.

So here it is when all is dark and grey

you can always run to your favourite Pusher 

and INHALE DEEPLY! :P 



No comments:

Post a Comment