Saturday, September 29, 2018

FB Musings for Posterity

Music as an acquired taste.

The way one "acquires" music over the years. 


I seem to recall always being a fan
of Amadeus meself

and unlike Alex DeLarge not so much a fan of
Ludwig but with a few exceptions.

Much of my classical taste strangely enough was "acquired" during my childhood
with Merry Melodies and Bugs Bunny 

and Saturday Morning cartoons. 

(A bygone privilege nowadays)

A much renewed love for Mozart 

was of course greatly multiplied by 
the grandiose Milos Forman's Amadeus.

But this particular one here was acquired years ago watching a TV movie if I recall correctly. 


Christopher Plummer's enjoyment of the Emperor in Harrison Bergeron was just contagious.


Having heard the praises of the Apassionata lately in Fargo Season 3 I tried to "acquire" this one too after all it was said


"If I keep listening to Beethoven's Appassionata, I won't be able to finish the revolution."- by Lenin himself


But it doesn't seem to "stick" 


Maybe Age 

maybe the rules of acquisition 

were not followed 

who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment