Thursday, November 25, 2021

Long epilogue

 


We all see our lives as stories, it seems to me, and I am convinced that psychologists and sociologists and historians and so on would find it useful to acknowledge that. If a person survives an ordinary span of sixty years or more, there is every chance that his or her life as a shapely story has ended, and all that remains to be experienced is epilogue. Life is not over, but the story is. ~ Kurt Vonnegut


And all the bla bla bla bullshit bullshit bullshit about the difference between existing and living.

It seems to me at time that this epilogue is getting a little long, longer and longer and the prospects are not really rosy.

Can't read, can't learn new games, constantly fighting anhedonia : one of my favourite obscure word.

Now as silly as it sounds I lost my mojo again on all games D2 is getting a little too much Last Epoch is gone, Grim Dawn is long gone and might never be back: I didn't even download it on new computer (April 1st,2021) Last Epoch might have lost me and right now the only "salvation" is in the fact that there is a new season on D3 coming somewhere in mid-December and like Pavlov's dog I'll be there salivating as I have been for the past 24 seasons, roughly 6 years BUT IN THE MEANWHILE I AM IN LIMBO.

Anyway my first world problem at the mo just one in nearly 8 billion other peeps with probs.

I might get a new wave in D2 later on Who knows about the mysterious laws of mojos?

But one thing is steady though and disheartening it is the fact that this memory is fading. At a normal or abnormal speed who is to tell?

Most nights I can't remember what we are going to watch as I don't remember what we watch last night and even better I can rewatch a show over and over cuz I don't remember fuck all of my first viewing and sometimes it was quite recent like a month or two not a year or ten.

And that leaves me in a state of Charlie Gordon despair.

Good ole Charlie he is always a staple of my story.

Referring of course to my favourite book: Flowers for Algernon

I don't even want to try to extrapolate where all this is going to lead now.

We all know where entropy is leading us all: to the Great Equaliser! Where all worries all sickness all pain will be gone.

to finish with Vonnegut again EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING HURT



No comments:

Post a Comment