Friday, November 11, 2022

511 and counting

 


    2,110,233,600 seconds

    35,170,560 minutes

    586,176 hours

    24,424 days

    3489 weeks and 1 day

    6691.51% of a common year (365 days)


Watching short reels again and this wanker tells me that an average life is 4000 weeks which I thought sounder about right

76.923 years give or take a few weeks

I was always impressed 40 years ago by this preacher trying to impress on you the shortness of life and counting it in weeks


If you re 60 and you expect to live to 75 you have 750 weeks left


considering HOW FAST a week goes by and next thing you know it's Monday again AKA Bin Day here.

BLA BLA BLA the usual fear sermon on hell and damnation.


Was looking at the word Save today meaning

To save (someone) from danger or difficulty and I thought

How practical it is  to invent some fictitious danger
like hell to imply the need of a saviour


Anyway I keep joking about that to my massage therapist and my psychologist that I see more or less fortnightly. 

If I live to 72 I have 250 weeks left that is ONLY 125 massages.


Anyhow this wanker who was banking on the catchy preacher sentence used 40 years ago ( used for eons in fact your life is but a vapor etc etc) and then proceeding that YOU were wasting YOUR TIME and HE was gonna tell YOU how to make a better use of YOUR TIME and this is pretty well when I went:

GO FUCK YOURSELF WANKER!

I had another blog brewing after listening to
Don Henley's  Wasted Time that went a bit like this


That TECHNICALLY it is ALL WASTED TIME.


Time is only a short concept while we are alive.
Technically there was no time before we were born
and there will be no time after we die


or at least for all intents and purposes 
NO TIME KEEPING.


Like Roy Batty once famously said:
Our Time, Our Memories will all have vanished 
LIKE TEARS IN RAIN
give it just a few years and nobody NOBODY will remember what we did with our time.





So I got 3489 weeks done and dusted

24K days plus way more than Nick Cave's 22K anyway :P 

Got a long long long 28 weeks to wait
til I leave for Montreal
to spend a short 5 weeks there
if and if and if


But yeah! With 8 billion coming soon if you were to live one week with each individual on the planet you would have to live

153,846,153 YEARS  considering the population is growing exponentially these days you might have to live forever at least an eternity and a half! 

Well if I make it to 4000 weeks and fuck knows I like ROUND numbers I will be happy with that

511 to go and counting 




No comments:

Post a Comment