Tuesday, May 30, 2023

see you here



Not sure what to think of this one really.

Prolly too early to think anyway,
not even finished my coffee yet BUT here we go...

The first word that came to mind here is

PROJECTION

the good ole Freudian Defence Mechanism.

Artists sometimes tend to be hubristic, 
self-centered, 
narrow minded 
and even narcissistic, 
thinking of an old blog here about Oscar Wilde

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" - Oscar Wilde
One seems to forget when one writes about people is that one is people too

Here is another quotation now while I am at it, my trade mark:

Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me
And do I take you by the hand
And lead you through the land
And help me understand the best I can


I AM YOU AND WHAT I SEE IS ME

I know Bukowski has a cult following and cult following in my mind is to be avoided, it does not respond well to criticism or logic or rationalisation or reason even.

Don't get me wrong I like the guy I mean he is a lucky drunk who kind of made it but still HE could ALSO be called

A pompous blazing bastard fool poet,
a very soft small lump of humanity.

Just like so many of US

not THEM : US!

Here is Pink Floyd again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment