Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Already living the dystopia

No need to write a book really we're already in it.

Maybe not 1984 maybe not Brave New World maybe a mix of both
or a dystopia
with its own horrors in it
(I was gonna say qualities)


I don't go out much but when I do,  
I feel a bit sad and depressed and shake my head in disbelief 
strongly reminded of this Futurama meme: 
I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.



Yesterday was a good example of that or was it a bad example now?

Most of my outings seem to be  at some doctor's office, either at the hospital or the clinic.

And most of them unfortunately along with many other governemental agencies and waiting rooms have seen fit to ENTERTAIN you with a giant screen TV blasting utter shit at you non-stop. 

Daytime TV is just the worst and night time TV is not much better.

This time it was some blonde phoney bimbo expert on what the royals do and hide. A professional gossiper that is highly overpaid to gamble and to dribble shit about things she knows nothing of: 

a loser busybody who has no fucking life of her own talking about royals wardrobes and how much they spent and bla bla bla and here I am not captive but captured in this pure dystopian hell.

Usually I do manage very well to evade such crap by carrying my lifesaving earphones but in a strange and hostile environment I HAD to keep my ears open for one someone called my name. 

When I go with Sue, I usually let her "suffer" and she can tap me on the shoulder whenever they're ready and calling.

Plus there is the sad trip on the train with everyone glued to their phone pitonning non stop or getting their phone out every two minutes and elbowing you while pitonning.

Now I do understand most of you won't be familiar with the verb to piton.  

Pitonner in French is to push buttons and that is what the world does constantly these days like the worst Black Mirror nightmare.  

My hero on the train usually is the one who has nothing in his hands and can live peacefully with one self is at ease with his mind or the odd one reading a book what a fucking novelty.

And on the street it is the same thing: dodge the zombies.

I am of the unpopular opinion that walking and texting should be as illegal as driving and texting.  

I have to refrain myself not to clothes like a zombie walker I just dodge just like in a good WWE show.

Anyway Charlie Brooker certainly does not have to do too much extrapolation to write his Black Mirror series.

I have been reluctant also to add my review to places I went  not wanting to join the crowd again that can make or sink a business as it reminds me too much of the horrific episode of Black Mirror's Nosedive.

Anyway we all have many parts and are quite dichotomic by nature but there is a part of me that wants to live forever to see unbelievalble fucking things

and then there is a part of me that can't wait to meet face to face the Great Equaliser, the Grim Reaper Himself. 

Come and pick me up Charon and carry me across the Styx ASAP.

                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment