Saturday, July 7, 2018

Alright now unto the next thing...

I was out shopping again today and as always 

the Grumpy Old Fucker,



the Sempiternal Curmudgeon


came out of his closet.

Then I started thinking and telling myself with Ani DiFranco's intonation in her song Grey:


IT'S ME IT'S MEEEEEEEE.

And of course it is me.

I was thinking that among the totally impossible things to dream of to just slightly raise the LCD would be just exactly that: totally impossible.

And I am not talking

Liquid Crystal Display here


but rather 

Lowest Common Denominator

Like a Canadian English pediatrist once told us in French

Ça donne rien de se frapper la tête contre un mur de brique.

It doesn't help to hit your head against the same brick wall repeatedly.

(Insert padded room mental asylum scene here)

The LCD as I call it will never change.
We are after all recent apes and all those dreams of a civilised world go out the window everytime you have more than 4 people together as Georges Brassens used to say:

A plus the quatre on est une bande de cons


More than four people and you have a bunch of cunts.

Speaking of, I was sorely reminded today of my frequent thought when I see someone posting something about "people" or "others"

because we ALL ARE people or others 


and here I was like a cunt standing in a narrow entrance blocking all traffic mindlessly breaking my favourite negative golden rule:

DO NOT DO UNTO OTHERS
WHAT YOU DON'T WANT THEM
TO DO UNTO YOU.


So yeah OK
maybe maybe
Zen and Patience
and those forgotten words
Kindness and Compassion
are a better formula here than spitting the dummy at the least contrariety.


MAYBE> 

One day MAYBE I will learn








No comments:

Post a Comment