Monday, December 13, 2010

My name is Legion: for we are many.

Walt Whitman


Like the man from Gadarenes:
My name is Legion: for we are many.

6826 men (i.e. 6100 foot soldiers, and 726 horsemen)


Jas 1:8  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

δίψυχος
dipsuchos
 double minded
wavering, uncertain, doubting
divided in interest

But Literally Double Souled , of two psyches.

James who is the only one to use this term actually was a bit rough on us

Jas 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9  Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Well I think he was a bit rough on everyone but I take this one personally. J


John Lennon seemed to not be able to find his place either

Original line to Strawberry Fields
 "There's no one on my wavelength / I mean, it's either too high or too low / That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right / I mean it's not too bad". 

He revised the words to this verse to make them more obscure.

So I suppose Natalie Imbruglia is not the only one to be Torn!

But Aren’t We All?



I amaze myself at times at what comes out of my head/heart simultaneously.
Filth and Purity all at once.

so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

So all my fresh water is no good I guess, soiled, lost, polluted, cholera bearing.

Here comes that really annoying James again! He should have been apocryphal I tell you! J

Jas 3:8  But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9  Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10  Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11  Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12  Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs?
so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.



Well one of these days those 6100 foot soldiers, and 726 horsemen in my head will do me in! J



No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right.
That is I think it's not too bad.

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out.
It doesn't matter much to me.

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

Always know sometimes think it's me, but you know I know and it's a dream.
I think I know of thee, ah yes, but it's all wrong.
That is I think I disagree.

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment