Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pandora's Box

O what a night! What a Pandora's box have I opened? What can of worms? What kind of Powder Keg have I lit?

I spent most of the night wide awake in some sort of compulsive obsessive hypo manic forgot the word now but i did have a nice word for it earlier let's call it a drive for now. I wrote pages and pages of my blog in my head resisting the URGE here is the word, the urge to get up and write all night. Now you would think I'd remember all this wonderful flow of ideas eh? Ha! Ha! Ha! Not me! Not this space cadet here.

Barely remember a few main lines but the one I remember is vital. It was along the line that all this is nothing but my spirit GROANING.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.


Lots of Groanings mentioned in that passage and despite my faith being shaken to its foundation these days this book will come back often in my thinking since it was a great part of my life for years and since also strangely enough the book I read the most well strange in its numerological number of times anyway, 7 times for the whole book from cover to cover plus 5 extra times the New testament alone for a total of 12.

It doesn't make me a scholar in any shape or form but just shapes my memory. Many have read and memorize the book much more than I did and it didn't do them no good either pardon the poor double negative here.

Plus there are valuable thousands of years old stories and lesson in this book after all I suppose even though to me at this moment it raises so much more questions than answers, think it always did.

For instance one of my latest sinking in the mire was my analyzing of the words , all the semantic we have misinterpreted for years and misguided millions.

Let's start first with two words: Soul and Spirit! Ahhhhhhhhh! Nice words indeedo.

For all my understanding the very root of both of these 2 words in Hebrew and in Greek is that it means: AIR! Wind, breath, possibly Hot Air since it is closely related to life, no air: no life. It also could be a fart for all I know but it means BASICALLY air.

Now linguistics is a complex science and so is epistemology. And semantics will forever keep us at the level of monkeys, it is a very limited mean of communication altogether. But what if, what if some jackass years ago decided to give to air a significance more than air just because he likes the idea? Let's give it a nice poetical metaphorical significance just for fun just to do a bit of mind fornication for lack of a better word. Any other day here I would use the USUAL english word for that but not today. therefore the title of this blog hehehe prophet of no profit. A real prophet APPARENTLY CANNOT swear or used vulgar language but sometimes. SOMETIMES it seems to be the only language vulgar people understand and there are plenty of those and they need to be spoken to as well. So consider my epistles in the Vulgate translation! :)

So no air, no life and we have it pretty simple kind of, not really but work with me here will ya? :) It means that Sheol and Hades and Gehenna are nothing but dirt in the ground as many would like to believe and as I sometimes would like to believe to BUT and there is a BIG but here? What about JUSTICE? Fairness? virtue of all sorts? What about retribution and merits and all that jazz?

Now where it gets really complicated is when man tries to apply this retribution himself then it gets ugly and messy and bloody which also leads me to be beyond misanthrope and misandrous and misogenous ALSO misotheist!

Little pause dear readers here to tell you that I LERVE them big words and I will try not to condescend to you and let you do the same thing with them that I would do: Google 'em! :)Wikipedia Rules! For those of you who didn't know you can google almost any word by highlighting it and right clicking on it.

There even too big most of the time for the spell check in here but I am quite certain they are correct and express the exact idea at least.

Misotheist in the sense that as John Lennon said if there was no religion it seems at times that it would be less damaging then if there is because it has been used for eons as a poor excuse for a shitload of blood pouring and suffering.
God is terribly used and abused and misused and twisted beyond recognition by all sorts of ignorant, greedy, power freak dark souls. If he was the tyrant many of them are trying to make him there wouldn't be much people left on earth. But if you leave him the choice of who lives and who dies he is usually much more patient than all those blood thirsty zealots who pretend to do his work.

I have been borderline blasphemous many a times but I am sure He understands, Whosoever he is actually these days to the point where my new God is Ouzo-Eva LOL!

He cannot be the one man describes and yes there are an innumerable shit load of questions that will remain unanswered at least until we cross the Styx/Jordan and find out for ourselves what is on the other shore if THERE IS another shore to begin with. If I could know for sure on earth I would be a very rare soul.

So to cut short (TOO Late) this is about the gist of my white night. Interesting one indeed. Now I will definitely need a granddad nap this aft.

More to follow in case you were getting your hopes high up that this would end soon :)

In the spirit (here is that word again) of Jack Kerouac I have decided to add and addendum rather than edit too much :)

Back to those famous words that lose their meanings. All important words that lost so much in translation and willful twisting at times. Words like Spirit, Soul, Truth, Faith, Repentance and so many more Hope, Love and what not. Who is to know what the original Pistis and Pneuma and Anima and Alethia and all those Sheol and Hades and Gehenna and Tartarus meant to begin with? All words already highly tainted with Greek Mythology should form the truth? Isn't it why it is called mythology?

So imagine mathematical truth as an infinite linear line, and imagine that one went on a one degree tangent thousands of years ago?
Do you have any idea how far this tangent is from the truth now? Miles away and it keeps drifting. Don't think one could find the original shore on his own had he thousands of years to search. Lost at Sea is what we are! Lost at Sea with no compass left.

P.S. Note to self: Ok Maybe Jack said first thought good thought Joe but still look in the Thesaurus for an alternative word for shitload, you seem to use it too often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment