Monday, December 21, 2009

SELF DEFECATION


self-deprecation

"I am so clever that sometimes


I don't understand a single word


of what I am saying."


Oscar Wilde

"All censure of a man’s self is oblique praise.


It is in order to show how much he can spare."


Samuel Johnson


Of what authority?

My references?

My credibility?

My credentials?

Reprobate Unreliable Rogue

Leaky Bucket.

Questionable Quester.

Gesticulating Jester

I am the bungled and the botched

I am the bumbling rumble, the rumbling bumble, the botched bungler, the bungled botcher, the Giddy Glaiket, the Pakeha Palooka, the Local Yokel, the Boeotian Philistine, the insane profane, the vulgarian vulgarist, wandering maunderer, maundering wanderer, drivelling rambler, rambling driveller, a wobbling babbler, and a babbling wobbler.

A prophet of no profit, a poet of no point, a philosopher of no sophia (wisdom)

I wobble and I stagger in the darkness.

I am the botched and the bungled the bungled and the botched, the expandable mass:

A VERY UNIQUE SOUL AMONG 100 BILLION OF THEM.

100,000,000,000 OF US WHO HAVE PASSED THROUGH THIS LONELY PLANET.

Give or take a few billions here and there.

Who’s counting anyway?

I am the King of the World. The Enlightened! A Scholar and a Gentleman! Kink Kong! The Best in the West! The only Prophet of God! What am I saying? I AM God! I am Me! I AM!

Irrefutable, infallible and never ever wrong! Spot on all the time! So get used to it, I am always right.

I yam wat I yam and dat’s wat I yam!

deprecate

[dep-ri-keyt] http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA

–verb (used with object), -cated, -cating.

1.

to express earnest disapproval of.

2.

to urge reasons against; protest against (a scheme, purpose, etc.).

3.

to depreciate; belittle.

4.

Archaic.

to pray for

deliverance from.



Origin:
1615–25; <> dēprecātus prayed against, warded off (ptp. ofdēprecārī), equiv. to dē- de- + prec(ārī) to pray + -ātus -ate 1 http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png


deprecatingly, adverb

deprecation, noun

deprecator, noun


1. condemn, denounce, disparage. See
decry.


An early and still the most current sense of
deprecate is “to express disapproval of.” In a sense development still occasionally criticized by a few, deprecate has come to be synonymous with the similar but etymologically unrelated word depreciate in the sense “belittle”:The author modestly deprecated the importance of his work. In compounds with self-, deprecate has almost totally replaced depreciate in modern usage: Her self-deprecating account of her career both amused and charmed the audience.

Doctor of Disorders

Dr. Joseph Caissy B.D.II, SPD, OCPD. BPD

DSM-IV-TR = 296.89

DSM-IV-TR = 301.20

DSM-IV-TR = 301.4

DSM-IV-TR = 301.83


L E T
H E R
R I P
L U V
J O E

1 comment:

  1. I'm not playing Doctors and Nurses with you any more after reading this. ;)

    ReplyDelete